Hotıì ts'eeda's training and capacity platform works to support communities to lead and participate in health research. Improving health outcomes in the NWT requires emphasizing career-building and supporting a new generation of northern health researchers and research-clinicians. The priorities of the Training and Capacity platform are:
- Building a culturally competent and safe health system that responds to the unique needs and circumstances of Indigenous peoples in the NWT
- Building capacity in Indigenous and Northern health research and methodologies
- Supporting communities to build skills and knowledge in knowledge translation and application of research results
- Yahkeh Naa'ih Mentorship Program
- Edets’seèhdzà Studentship Award
- Hotıì ts'eeda Summer Student Program
Check back for updates on online and in-person training, career support for Northern health leaders and partnerships working towards a culturally competent health system.