The Research Support Fund is a program from the Government of Canada that assists Canadian postsecondary institutions and affiliated research institutes with the expenses associated with managing the research funded by the three federal research granting agencies:
- The Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR);
- The Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC); and
- The Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC).
The purpose of the Fund is to allow institutions to support research by taking on some of the administrative burden usually added on to research projects. For example, the Fund allows institutions to:
- maintain modern labs and equipment;
- provide access to up-to-date knowledge resource;
- provide research management and administrative support;
- meet regulatory and ethical standards; and
- transfer knowledge from academia to the private, public and not-for-profit sectors.
Research Support Fund at Hotıì ts’eeda
Hotıì ts’eeda has partnered with Aurora Research Institute to receive funds from the Research Support Fund to cover the indirect operating expenses to support research projects.
For more information please visit CIHR Research Support Fund.