Health research in the NWT, and the work of Hotıì ts'eeda, is guided by certain international and national standards set out in the following documents.
Read more on how each document applies to health research in the NWT:
- Truth and Reconciliation Commission’s Calls to Action
- United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples
- Tri-Council Policy Statement: Ethical Conduct for Research Involving Humans
- The First Nations Principles of OCAP®
- World Health Organization: Indigenous Peoples & Participatory Health Research