The Hotıì ts'eeda Ełets’àts’eedıı Bursary is being offered to NWT students for the 2020-21 academic year who have been financially affected by the Covid-19 pandemic. Students must identify how this bursary will help them continue to pursue their educational goals during this challenging time. Ełets’àts’eedıı means “support each other” in the Tłı̨chǫ language.
Bursaries are valued at $5000.00 (for two semesters) for students without dependents. An additional supplement is available for students with dependents. At this time, up to $100,000.00 in bursaries will be awarded.
The application deadline is August 7, 2020.
Bursaries are intended to support students undertaking studies that further Hotıì ts’eeda’s mandate of fostering research and training in health and wellness. Priority will be given to Indigenous residents who have demonstrated a financial need.
- Must be an NWT resident;
- Must be enrolled in a designated post-secondary educational institution or program;
- Must demonstrate negative financial impacts resulting from the Covid-19 pandemic precautions;
- Must be in a program that leads to a license, certificate, diploma, or degree that fulfills Hotıì ts’eeda’s mandate of fostering research or training in health and wellness;
- And, if you are First Nation, Inuvialuit, or Métis proof of membership is required.
- Download and fill out application form below or Apply Online.
- Provide a Letter of Intent (up to 1 page) describing the direct negative financial impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic precautions on your financial situation, including barriers you face as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic precautions in place since the pandemic was declared and during the upcoming school year, and how you intend to use the funds to further your education. The letter must also indicate all other confirmed sources of funds you will rely on to undertake your studies during the 2020-21 school year.
- Provide proof of NWT residency (government ID or utility or phone bill in your name, confirming your place of residence in the NWT).
- Provide proof you are a member or beneficiary of a NWT First Nation, Métis Local, land claim and that you are normally resident in the NWT.
- Provide proof of enrolment from your institution of study.
- If NOT applying online email all documents to HTFunding@Tlicho.com with “2020 Bursary Application” in the subject line.