Our 2024 call for applications is now open. Please apply by March 11, 2024.
We will review and make funding decisions in March 2023.
Applicants will be notified by mid-April regarding funding decisions.
Please follow the guidelines below to apply for funding. You may use our application attached or forward us a research/funding application used for another funder, as long as it addresses all the below criteria. You may also phone, email, or meet with us and we will assist you personally with putting together an application for funding.
Research or Project Focus
Please describe how your proposed project or initiative addresses the following criteria:
- Project must be NWT-based
- Project must specifically consider and/or prioritize northern and Indigenous health and wellness
- Project must be aligned with relevant United Nations on the Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples (UNDRIP) criteria
- You can refer to UNDRIP compliance guidelines here: https://nwtspor.ca/programs/eletanitseah
- Provided in the application form is a list of questions to consider that will guide UNDRIP implementation in your project.
Initiatives must demonstrate that they address at least one of the following priorities of Hotıì ts’eeda:
- Building capacity for NWT health, health research and knowledge translation
- Engaging patients and communities in NWT health, health research, and knowledge building/sharing
- Addressing locally-identified health and wellness issues
- Gathering and managing NWT health data and knowledge
In 2024-25, Hotıì ts’eeda is particularly interested in receiving applications related to:
- Youth and mental wellness
- Environment and wellness
- Cancer support and survivor stories
- Community-led health and wellness programs, talking circles, support and focus groups, training to build research capacity
Please review previously supported projects: nwtspor.ca/supported-projects
Funding is typically broken down into awards of $1,000, $5,000, $10,000, or $15,000. Provide a basic breakdown in the table below of how the money will be spent.
We may also consider larger funding requests for research. We would love to meet with you to discuss your ideas.
Applications are accepted year-round and reviewed twice annually in March and October.
Funding is granted based on your project’s alignment with Hotıì ts’eeda Strategic Priorities as well as available funding. We may grant your full or partial funding request. Please note, regardless of when your project starts, we will be unable to provide you with funding before May 1, 2024. Project deliverables must be completed by March 31, 2025.
Typically, one funding application (including studentships) per individual/organization is accepted per fiscal year.
Download your funding application below:
If you have any questions or concerns or require assistance filling in this application, we are more than willing to speak with you and find ways of capturing the information needed.
Email your completed application, or any questions or concerns to: email@example.com.