Hotıì ts'eeda and the Gwich’in Tribal Council are seeking a highly-motivated individual to fill the position of Health, Wellness, and Research Capacity Summer Student in Inuvik, Northwest Territories.
Reporting to the Project Manager, the Summer Student will provide general assistance, logistics, and policy and research support, including:
- Supporting the Hotıì ts’eeda Ełèts’ehdèe, a major event dedicated to bringing together community members from across the NWT, researchers and policy makers;
- Attend and take minutes of meetings, record decision results, and maintain the files of the organization; draft letters and memos;
- Travel to territorial / national health research conferences representing Hotıì ts’eeda as required, as instructed by Supervisor. May be required to present on behalf of Hotıì ts'eeda;
- Liaison with project stakeholders as needed;
- Support day-to-day operations of Hotıì ts'eeda as required;
- Support the implementation of the Health Leaders Mentorship Program by assisting with workshops, planning retreats, keeping accurate records of activities;
- Other duties as required.
For more information, download the full job description.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working with an energetic, progressive Indigenous government, please submit a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or 867-777-7919 (Fax).
Application Deadline: March 31, 2019
Priority Consideration will be given to qualified Participants of the Gwich’in Comprehensive Land Claim Agreement. We thank all who apply but only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.