The K’atł’odeeche First Nation (KFN) has attained their long-awaited goal of opening a Dene Wellness and Development Centre for people of the Northwest Territories. With support from the GNWT Health and Social Services, Health Canada, and Indigenous and North Affairs Canada the dream has become a reality. We are seeking a high energy, dynamic individual to take over this project and continue the current program targets, as well as to continue seeking out opportunities for the Centre to meet Wellness and Development needs for KFN, South Slave region and the NWT. KFN is offering a minimum 2-year contract to the right individual. The following are a general list of and qualifications and an outline of what the position will entail.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent credentials
• Aptitude and passion for community-based mental wellness programming based upon the First Nations Mental Wellness Continuum from Health Canada, and upon Dene values and principles
• Skill in networking and fundraising to build and maintain a successful Centre.
• Demonstrated transparent and high integrity leadership
• Strong program development and community organization skills
• Experience with group facilitation and processing (as required)
• Demonstrated experience with staff supervision and oversight, including dealing with human resources issues, payroll and leave.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including experience writing funding proposals and annual reports
• Experience in data collection and project evaluation
• Ability to maintain a budget and/or experience with funding contribution agreements, payroll, and human resources is required.
• Ability to oversee building operations such as O & M and renovation projects.
• Demonstrate a healthy life style
• Hours: 37.5 hours/week.
• Reports to the CEO and/or Band Manager, K’atł’odeeche First Nations (KFN)
General Description of Duties and Responsibilities
This position serves as the primary role for capacity building, fund raising, and providing direction and leadership for the continued development of the Dene Wellness Centre on the KFN Reserve, near Hay River, NWT. The Program Manager must have both the vision and skills to enable the organization to fundraise and develop and deliver successful wellness, addictions support, and social development programs for the Northwest Territories, while growing and adapting to changing environments and ensuring the Centre remains fiscally stable. This position is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs, and strategic plan of the organization. The person in this position advocates for the development of programming that focuses on mental wellness for communities in the NWT. The job requires a flexible schedule, creativity, attention to detail, ability to communicate, engage and collaborate with a wide variety of audiences and partners.
The Program Manager will work with two assigned Elders, the Band Council, CEO, and an Advisory Council in order to fulfill the organizational mission in compliance with the Centre’s policies and values.
The position supervises a full-time program assistant, the KFN Community Comprehensive Plan Coordinator, and casual employees to maintain the Centre. In addition, they will supervise and work closely with a 2-year Contract Researcher position for program development, and a casual contract traditional knowledge holder position whom works with the Researcher.
Closing date: July 26th @ 5:00pm
KFN offers benefits and pension, and salary range will depend on experience and qualifications.
Email resumes & Cover letter to Catherine Heron: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or Fax to Catherine Heron, KFN Band Manager at: 867-874-3229
K’atł’odeeche First Nation
Hay River, NT X0E 1G4