- Engaging patients as partners in research;
- Ensuring that health research is relevant to patients’ and policy-makers’ priorities; and
- Ensuring research results are used to improve healthcare systems and practices.
SPOR SUPPORT (Support for People and Patient-Oriented Research and Trials) Units exist or are being built in every province and territory. SUPPORT Units work towards research-based improvements to the health care system in response to local needs. SUPPORT Units bring together key partners and provide a structure for stakeholders to identify and respond to local research priorities and needs.
SUPPORT Units conduct activities in the following areas:
- Research Methods
- Consultation and Research Services
- Data Platforms and Services
- Training and Capacity
- Knowledge Translation
- Clinical Trials
Each of these areas involve the integration of community members in every step of the research process. As Hotıì ts’eeda continues to grow, more information will be available about our activities in each of the above areas.
Hotıì ts'eeda is unique in that it focuses on Indigenous health and Indigenous health research. Our Governing Council includes a majority of Indigenous Governments, along with the GNWT Department of Health and Social Services, and the University of Alberta Indigenous and Global Health Group.